Thursday, August 24, 2006

Rare Outing : Part 1

Date: 20 August 2006

Place: Sardar Sarovar Dam. Popularly known as Narmada Dam famous for many things including court cases pending regarding the increase in height of dam, aamir khan's role and subsequent banning of his films in gujarat, medha patkar's struggle to get proper rehabilitation for people relocated and many more things.

I also got a chance to see the place myself, thanks to the visit organized my company. Begin a creature with unusual inclination towards wandering (sometimes I feel why I wasn't born a Siberian bird who travels to different part of globe depending on the season). Any way cant do anything about that now so I usually look for any opportunity that may satisfy my unfulfilled aspiration to wander.

Just for information, I wear spectacles ( as you don't see them in my pic). and they say that I look good in them. But for long I had a hidden desire to get rid of specs and do promotional shoot for Fastrack eye wear just like John Abraham ( no need to laugh, I know my limits).

So as the things stand today, second wish cant be realized but science & technology has given ample opportunity to people like me. We can wear contact lenses. But for me the case is little more complicated, I look good in everything I wear and even without wearing anything (don't assume anything wild, here I am referring to specs and goggles) and I have got a proof of my argument, count the number of girls who like me with specs and without them.

So finally I decided to wear lenses and goggles on the day of our visit to Narmada Dam. Again twist in the tail, the wilder side of my character kept on goading me to be my usual self. Give up formal wear and put on something that reflects your true character. So respecting my inner voice, I did just that and got a T and non matching denim jeans.

As I stepped on the bus, I could see the questioning eyes of my colleagues after seeing me in my new avatar(for them new). I could feel them saying that you looks such an idiot in that and without your specs you look a different creature. That's why people say that beauty lies in the eyes of beholder.

More about the trip in next post..

Keep reading...!!!

No comments: